Thursday, October 24, 2013

Terrible TV: Special Joe Buck Edition

If you're like me, you're watching the World Series and you probably die a little inside every time Tim McCarver says something. While it would have been a cakewalk to fill a funny post with just about everything Timmy says, I've come to accept his broadcast partner Joe Buck as a colorless Ken doll. He doesn't bring much to the table, but as he accurately reports the plays as they happen, he only takes stuff off the table when he asks McCarver for his opinion. But tonight, during the later innings of Game 2, Joe Buck upped the idiot ante.

For those who are unaware, Pearl Jam released their 10th studio album earlier this month, and FOX has been playing clips of their songs surrounding the in-game commercial breaks, as well as during commercials for the World Series. One such song tonight was "Animal", which Buck referred to as "Pearl Jam's new song". Of course, even casual Pearl Jam fans know "Animal" is from the album "Vs.", which came out October 19... 1993. So good job, Joe Buck. Tim McCarver is now smarter than you. That's how it works in Hoodieland.

For the nonexistent readership clamoring for more Terrible TV reviews, here's why it hasn't happened lately:

1) Master Chef is a show about people cooking food I don't get to taste. Writing about it is probably two steps removed from making sense.

2) I cannot handle X-Factor without Britney. I'm not an advocate for violence, and I can't maintain that and write about the X-Factor at the same time. Demi Lovato makes me angry in ways previously reserved for people I care about who do stupid things, and Republicans. We get it, you're a sensitive princess with an undeserved sense of accomplishment. I can say the same for myself. But I don't go around talking through my nose and acting like I know stuff.

3) Grey's Anatomy is no longer Terrible. This whole season has been Good Television. And I don't have a "Good Television" series.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just curious...did you watch Breaking Bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. Excellent show. Jesse Pinkman is one of my favorite TV characters of all time.

      Delete